Wild garlic season is here. Asparagus, poached egg and wild garlic salad recipe.
A simple starter recipe using raw wild garlic. As the true wild garlic season is fast approaching, my leaves in the garden are already a few inches tall.
This is my first recipe using the wild garlic this year, so fresh and raw was the way to go. More recipes will follow, some of them from the years past, some new with this year’s crop.
- 1 egg
- 6-7 asparagus spears
- 1/2 slice of bread
- few wild garlic leaves
- 25g Manchego cheese
- olive oil
- cider vinegar (optional)
- Cut the bread into cubes, sprinkle with olive oil and toast in a small pan to make the croutons. Keep aside.
- Boil 250ml of water with a spoon of vinegar and a pinch of salt. With a teaspoon make a twirl in the water when simmering and crack the egg. Simmer on a low heat for 3 minutes, then remove and drain.
- Boil or steam the asparagus for 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange the asparagus on a plate, sprinkle with olive oil, add the egg and the croutons, the wild garlic leaves and slivers of cheese
- Season with salt and pepper, and if you wish a few drops of cider vinegar.