Vegetable lasagna recipe. No pasta, no Bechamel, no carbs.
If you are on a low, or no carbs diet then this vegetable lasagna recipe could be for you. The pasta is replaced by grilled veg, the Bechamel sauce by mozzarella cheese and the meat is low fat as well.
I guess I could have called it a vegetable bake, or even a vegetable moussaka, but I chose to call it lasagna.
See the short video below and all the ingredients that you need to make this simple but tasty and delicious dish.
- 500 grams lean minced porc
- 400 grams mozzarella cheese
- 100 grams parmesan cheese
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 courgette
- 1 large aubergine
- 1/2 marrow
- 1-2 tomatoes
- salt, pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika (smoked paprika goes well)
- olive oil
- fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 spoon tomato paste
Prepare the meat first, then the vegetables and bake. Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Sweat the diced onion in a bit of olive oil until soften and starts to change colour. Add the meat and cook for about 15 minutes until done and starts to brown.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, add the paprika and the tomato paste. Stir well, cook for about 30 seconds and set aside. The mixture should be quite dry, there’s plenty of moisture in the vegetables. Add some parsley (optional).
- Using a griddle pan, grill the vegetables in batches until they are all done. Brush with a bit of olive oil each piece, they will cook better and won’t stick to the pan.
- Now get the dish together in a ovenproof pan.
- Layer aubergines and marrow on the bottom. You’ll need a thicker layer. Then add half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Follow with the meat, then courgettes and the rest of the cheese.
- The last two layers are the sliced tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Season the layers with pepper if you like.
- Bake at 200C for about 30 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and a nice crust forms over the top of the dish. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Other low or no carbs recipes:
- Stuffed aubergines and marrow with veal mince and veg.
- Oven roasted chicken breast with mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Yellow beans, celeriac and herbs salad.