Two minute roasted chicken legs with vegetables and olives recipe.
This might just be the easiest chicken recipe that you’ve tried in a while. It’s healthy, it’s simple, it doesn’t use a lot of ingredients. Just tasty vegetables, chicken, olive oil…Also, it’s suitable for those of you that are on a low, or no carbs diet as there’s no potatoes, no pasta, no rice. It’s a two minute roasted chicken, use legs, drumsticks or tights only.
The short clip below (only one minute) proves it. Two minutes to prepare and get into the oven.
- 1/2 a marrow
- one large tomato
- a few Kalamata olives
- a few bits of Serrano ham (optional)
- 2 chicken legs (whole or cut into drumstick and tight)
- salt, pepper, paprika, oregano - to taste
- olive oil
- fresh parsley
Absolutely no fuss, no mess, no chopping and no trouble at all. It only takes two minutes to prepare. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Slice the marrow, place on the oven tray.
- Same with the tomato.
- Add the olives. I’ve used Kalamata olives, they are full of flavour and a lovely texture, also they keep their shape quite well when cooked.
- The Serrano ham here is optional, personally I like the smoky flavor it imparts through the whole dish. Any cured, dried ham will do.
- Rub the chicken with a mixture of spices, salt, pepper, some paprika and dried oregano. Alternatively use thyme, chili powder, white pepper, whatever you fancy.
- Drizzle some good quality olive oil (but not extra-virgin) over the chicken and roast for 45 minutes (or until the chicken is done, depending on size), to get the skin nice and crisp, but keeping it moist in the middle.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped parsley for colour and flavour.
I did say it’s quite simple…
Other popular recipes:
- Dryad’s saddle or pheasant’s back mushroom recipe.
- Fresh cherry tomatoes spaghetti. Ready in 15 minutes or less.
- Fritule. Small deep fried doughnuts from Croatia.