Try baking aubergines and pairing them with ras el hanout and feta cheese.
There are probably hundreds of oven baked aubergine recipes out on the web. Some simple, like this one here, some complicated, some easy and some harder recipes. But if you’re baking aubergines, keep just one aside and try this recipe. North African spices, coriander and salty feta cheese work so well together with the aubergine.
A healthy recipe as well. Suitable for vegetarians of course, and for anyone on a low or no carbs diet. One aubergine will serve two people as a starter or maybe one as a main course.
- 1 aubergine
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout
- 50 g feta cheese
- fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cut the aubergine in half and using a sharp knife score the flesh all the way, taking care not to pierce the skin. Splash on some olive oil.
- Grill on the hot griddle pan for four to five minutes to get some colour and charred taste on the top.
- Sprinkle the ras el hanout spice over the top. Add another bit of olive oil. Bake for about 20 minutes until the flesh of the aubergine is soft all the way through.
- Whilst still hot, crumble the feta cheese over, garnish with freshly chopped coriander and pour over, again, some more olive oil. I didn’t add any salt because of the salty cheese, but should you need more, by any means, use it.
Other popular recipes:
- Dryad’s saddle or pheasant’s back mushroom recipe.
- Fresh cherry tomatoes spaghetti. Ready in 15 minutes or less.
- Fritule. Small deep fried doughnuts from Croatia.