Bring on the heat with this smoked hot chili sauce recipe.
Smokiness, dept of flavour, heat and lovely aromas get together in this smoked hot chili recipe. Easy to make at home, it will last a long time (depending on how much you like it, it might not last long at all) and can go with so many different meals.
- 200-250g chilies (yellow, green, red, orange...etc)
- 1 large onion
- 500g chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 smoked jalapenos (optional)
- 50ml cider or white wine vinegar (add more later)
- Spices, one spoon of each to start: salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder
- 4 spoons sugar (to begin with)
This smoked hot chili sauce recipe can be tailored to anyone’s taste. You can also replace the chopped tomatoes for passata or tomato puree, whatever you have handy.
Also, if you can’t get hold of any smoked jalapenos, just use some more smoked paprika instead.
The cooking method is exactly the same like the previous recipe (hot chili sauce with whole lemons and peaches).
Peel and boil the onion, cut into pieces. Keep back the sugar and add all the rest of the ingredients and spices to the blender. Blend on high-speed for at least 2 minutes. Add some water (100ml) to loosen the sauce.
Taste and adjust the taste with salt and vinegar. Boil in a heavy bottomed pan, on a low fire, for about 40 minutes. Add the sugar. Boil again for 20 minutes.
Bottle in clean…bottles or jars and keep in a cool dark place.
Similar posts and recipes:
- Hot chili sauce with whole lemons and peaches.
- Parsley and chili sauce for meats.
- Spiced red pepper jam.