Skillet egg and chorizo with artichokes and onions. Ready in 10 minutes.
You can make an omelet in 3 minutes. Hell you can make it in 30 seconds. I’m not saying that omelets are boring, but compare it to this. All in one, skillet egg and chorizo in under 10 minutes. Impress yourself at breakfast.
- 1 egg (duck is best)
- 3-4 chorizo slices
- 1/2 onion
- 1 red chili
- 3-4 pieces artichoke hearts from a jar
- 25ml olive oil
- fried bread to serve
- Chop the onion and chorizo sausage into dice. Heat the oil in a skillet (or a frying pan) and fry them on a medium heat until they catch on some color, the paprika from the chorizo oozes out and the oil gets dark red.
- Add to the pan the artichoke hearts, mix well and heat through. Make a small "well" in the pan to accommodate the egg.
- Break the egg (once more, duck eggs are the best) in the middle, add just about 3 spoons of water next to it for the steam to get going.
- Cover and cook for about 3 minutes until the egg is set and done. Or longer if you want it well done.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fried or fresh bread, sprinkle some sliced chili over the top for an added kick.