Scallop pasta recipe with spring greens and Manchego in less than 20 minutes.
Spring greens, are called “spring”, but it seems that they are always in season. Similar to kale and closer to wild cabbage with a strong taste, are also particularly rich in vitamin C, folic acid and dietary fibre, making them a very healthy food.
So paired with scallops, olive oil and chili, all healthy, also with a touch of cheese to round it up, all in all, a delicious scallop pasta recipe.
- 18 large scallops
- 210g orzo pasta
- 250g spring greens
- 50ml olive oil
- 50g Manchego cheese
- 1 chili (optional)
Start by putting the pasta on to boil in plenty of salted water.
- Clean the spring greens and cut into thin strips, discarding the hard woody stems.
- Heat the oil in the pan, and gently cook the spring greens with a pinch of salt until soft. Although soft in a couple of minutes it’s not quite cooked yet. Add a couple of spoons of water from the pasta pan, and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes until nice and done. Season with plenty of black pepper.
- Mix the greens with the pasta, add a splash of olive oil.
- For the scallops, heat a frying pan to high. Fry the scallops (rub a little olive oil over them before) in a pan, high heat for one minute on each side.
- Serve with the pasta, and grate some hard cheese over the top, Manchego or even parmesan, slices of chili and a drop of olive oil.