Romanian pickled cabbage salad. Sauerkraut salad, simple and tasty.
When winter comes and fresh vegetables are scarce (at least they were in the old days, and as this is an old traditional recipe, it does apply to it), pickled cabbage is one of those veg that are still around.
- 500g pickled sour cabbage (sauerkraut)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- dried thyme
- 2 spoons sunflower or vegetable oil
The procedure is as simple as shredding the cabbage as fine as you can, mix well with the spices (more or less to taste, no salt needed as the pickled cabbage can be salty) and dress with the oil.
Olive oil will change the taste too much, so sunflower or vegetable oil works best here.
As simple as that. Romanian pickled cabbage salad.
Other popular recipes in this category:
- Best Romanian chicken paprikash with flour dumplings.
- Traditional cabbage rolls (sarmale) stuffed with minced pork and smoked meats.
- Chicken and noodles soup.