Quick prawn curry recipe. Ready to eat in 15 minutes or less.
By the time your rice will steam, this quick prawn curry recipe will be ready to eat. Simple subtle yet strong flavours, this will be a favourite in no time at all. See the short video below and reat the quick and easy instructions.
- 50ml oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 teaspoon: salt, cumin, curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 spoon chopped ginger
- 150 grams raw prawns
- 1 lemon leaf
- fresh chopped coriander or parsely
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan or a wok. Sweat the onion and garlic for about two minutes. Add spices and cook for further 30 seconds, to release the aromas and oils.
- Get the finely chopped ginger and the prawns to the pan. Cook for one minute then pour in 100ml of prawn stock, chicken stock or even water. (To make the prawn stock, I’ve boiled the shels and the heads after I cleaned the prawns in about 500ml of water, for 10 minutes. Then drained through a fine sieve.)
- Simmer for 3 minutes. Or even a shorter amount of time if using smaller prawns. If you decide to use already cooked (ready to eat) prawns, then just 1 minute to warm through is enough.
- Thicken the sauce with the cornflour, mixed with 25ml of water.
- Garnish with the finely sliced lemon leaf, and coriander, or parsley.
Serve with some simple steamed or boiled basmati rice, or even jasmine rice for some extra flavour. Enjoy.
Other popular healthy recipes:
- Two minutes roasted chicken legs.
- Vegetable lasagna recipe. No pasta, no bechamel sauce.
- Baked aubergine with feta cheese and ras el hanout.