Oven roasted chicken breast with mozzarella and tomato.
This simple recipe takes exactly 6 minutes to prepare. Then 25 to cook. Not bad at all for a healthy chicken breast with mozzarella and tomato dish. Simply baked with some oregano, salt and pepper.
Good for a low, or indeed no carb diet. Alternatively it can be served with a large variety of garnishes, from salads to mashed potatoes or celeriac.
See the short video below, under 60 seconds really, for the cooking procedure. And below that the ingredient list and a few tips. Then give it a try.
- 2 pieces of chicken breast without skin and boneless
- 1 piece (200 grams) of mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato (or two smaller ones)
- salt, pepper, fresh oregano, olive oil
- 1-2 small red onions (optional)
As you’ve probably seen from the clip above this couldn’t be easier to make. Just make sure that you don’t cut the chicken breast all the way through and the slices don’t separate completely.
Fresh oregano can be substituted with fresh basil if needed, or indeed either of the herbs in the dried form.
The chicken can be baked in an oven proof dish, or like I used a tray. Both will do. And the red onion is optional but I like the sweetness it adds to the meal, all roasted and caramelised.
Other popular recipes:
- Dryad’s saddle or pheasant’s back mushroom recipe.
- Fresh cherry tomatoes spaghetti. Ready in 15 minutes or less.
- Fritule. Small deep fried doughnuts from Croatia.