Romanian vegetable spread - dip, traditional recipe. "Zacusca".
Author: Intrepid Eats
Serves: 40 portions
- 1,2kg aubergines - will yield approx 600g after roasting, peeling and draining
- 750g sweet red long peppers (kapia)
- 650g onions
- 250g tomato passata (mixed with 250ml water)
- 250ml vegetable or sunflower oil
- 10g of salt (use to taste)
- 5d black pepper (use to taste)
- 3 bay leaves (optional)
- These are the exact quantities I've used, weighted.
Recipe by Gustomondo - There's a world of taste out there. at http://gustomondo.net/romanian-vegetable-spread-dip-traditional-recipe-zacusca/