Wild garlic season is here. Asparagus, poached egg and wild garlic salad recipe.
Author: Intrepid Eats
- 1 egg
- 6-7 asparagus spears
- 1/2 slice of bread
- few wild garlic leaves
- 25g Manchego cheese
- olive oil
- cider vinegar (optional)
- Cut the bread into cubes, sprinkle with olive oil and toast in a small pan to make the croutons. Keep aside.
- Boil 250ml of water with a spoon of vinegar and a pinch of salt. With a teaspoon make a twirl in the water when simmering and crack the egg. Simmer on a low heat for 3 minutes, then remove and drain.
- Boil or steam the asparagus for 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange the asparagus on a plate, sprinkle with olive oil, add the egg and the croutons, the wild garlic leaves and slivers of cheese
- Season with salt and pepper, and if you wish a few drops of cider vinegar.
Recipe by Gustomondo - There's a world of taste out there. at http://gustomondo.net/wild-garlic-season-is-here-asparagus-poached-egg-and-wild-garlic-salad-recipe/