Carrot salad with courgette, sesame and nigella seeds.
A simple yet delicious carrot salad. Lightly pickled carrot and crunchy courgette get together with sesame and nigella seeds. Fresh carrot salad and seeds.
- 4 large carrots
- 2 small courgettes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 4 spoons white wine vinegar
- 2 spoons rapeseed oil
- Peel the carrots and the courgette with the veg peeler and then, the same way, peel long and thin strips from the vegetables. Stop when you get to the carrot core and the seeds of the courgette.
- Add everything in a bowl, sprinkle some salt over the top, add the vinegar and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain the excess juices after 15 minutes.
- Mix well with the oil, add the seeds and season one more time with salt, pepper and more vinegar if needed. Rapeseed oil, hazelnut oil or even olive oil work well in this carrot salad.
- Serve as a salad, or even as a garnish with meats.