Beer sauce prawns recipe. Shrimps in beer sauce. Anyway you want it.
I’m a big sea food fan. And one of my favourites it’s the lovely prawn. I’m also a big fan of beer. All beer, from all around the world. Therefore, I got the two together in this beer sauce prawns recipe.
It’s easy to make. Simple. Tasty. The sweetness of the prawns combines with some extra flavours. Bitterness from the beer, sourness from the lemon juice, more sweetness from the tomato ketchup and the richness of butter. And you can also serve it to kids, as the alcohol from the beer disappears when cooked…
- 60 grams of butter
- 100-150 grams uncooked prawns
- 1/2 fresh chili
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 150 ml beer
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 50 grams tomato ketchup
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
- Heat up half the butter in a small frying pan. Add the prawns and cook on a high heat for one minute on each side. Remove on a plate lined with a kitchen towel to absorb the excess fat.
- In the same pan, quickly fry the chili and garlic, both finely chopped, for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the beer, lemon juice and tomato ketchup. Stir well and simmer for 2-3 minutes to thicken and reduce the sauce.
- Now add the other half of the butter to thicken and make the sauce even smoother.
- Get the prawns back into the ban for a few seconds to heat through the sauce. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Other popular recipes:
- Dryad’s saddle or pheasant’s back mushroom recipe.
- Fresh cherry tomatoes spaghetti. Ready in 15 minutes or less.
- Fritule. Small deep fried doughnuts from Croatia.