Bacon wrapped chicken breast on a bed of vegetables. Baked.
I’d classify this recipe as being healthy. Olive oil, vegetables, lean chicken breast…and a bit of bacon. For flavour and texture. This bacon wrapped chicken dish is also good for those that are on a low carbs, or no carbs at all diet.
Yet it’s full of aromas from the herbs, full of vitamins from the vegetables and lean protein. Forget the bacon, a bit of it it’s good for you from time to time. See the short clip below and the equally short description below, and give this a go tonight.
- 2 pieces of chicken breast (boneless and skin removed)
- 4 slices of bacon (smoked or not)
- Vegetables - marrow, red and spring onion, tomatoes, peppers, celery
- olive oil
- parsley, oregano, bay leaves, thyme or lemon thyme
- salt, pepper, smoked paprika
- Heat up the oven to 180C.
- Place (randomly) all the vegetables in an oven proof dish. You could add any other vegetables that you like, for example aubergine and celeriac, but I won’t use any carrots, parsnips or turnips as they won’t cook in time.
- Add the herbs, again use whatever herbs you like, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with some olive oil over the top. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Wrap in bacon. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until the bacon is nice and crispy.
- Place the chicken breast over the half-cooked vegetables and roast again in the oven for further 15 minutes.
That’s all there is to this simple recipe. Tasty, healthy and heart-warming any day of the year. Enjoy.
Other popular healthy recipes:
- Two minutes roasted chicken legs.
- Vegetable lasagna recipe. No pasta, no bechamel sauce.
- Baked aubergine with feta cheese and ras el hanout.